Massachusetts COVID-19 Infection Control Hub
Massachusetts Senior Care Association and Hebrew SeniorLife is leading the Massachusetts COVID-19 Infection Control Hub as part of AHRQ ECHO National Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network. This a partnership between Agency for Health Research and Quality (AHRQ), the University of New Mexico’s ECHO Institute and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) – providing free training and mentorship to nursing homes across the country to increase the implementation of evidence-based infection prevention and safety practices to protect residents and staff.
National Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network Program Goals
- Prevent SARS-COV-2 from entering nursing homes where it has not been detected.
- Identify residents and staff who have been infected with SARS-COV-2.
- Prevent the spread of SARS-COV-2 between staff, residents, and visitors.
- Provide safe and appropriate care to residents with mild and asymptomatic cases of COVID-19.
- Ensure staff members have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to implement best-practice safety measures to protect residents and themselves.
- Reduce social isolation for residents, families, and staff during these difficult times.
Resources for Nursing Facility Participants
- NEW ECHO Continuation Phase and Registration
- ECHO Sessions from Phase 1
- Curriculum Topics and Weekly Schedules from Phase 1
No teleECHO sessions on the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Jennifer Chen at JChen@maseniorcare.org.