Massachusetts Senior Care Association offers a variety of seminars and events designed to educate and inform facility and corporate staff on issues relevant to long term care provider community. Continuing education units (CEUs) may be offered for licensed nursing home administrators, nurses, social workers and activity professionals.
Seminar Policies & Procedures*
In order to register for any Mass Senior Care seminar or event online, each individual registrant must log in prior to selecting a seminar or event. To login, go to the home page at www.maseniorcare.org, enter your e-mail address and password. If you need a new profile or are unsure if you already have a profile, please call our office at 617-558-0202 or email email@example.com.
1. Registration and Payment:
- Registration is accepted by mail, email, fax or online at www.maseniorcare.org. The registration fee must be PAID prior to the start of the seminar. Payment will also be accepted on the day of the seminar at check-in.
- Mass Senior Care accepts payment by check or credit card (MC, VISA, AMEX). If paying by check, please make sure the date of the seminar and the name of the attendee is listed on the check.
- Walk-in registrations will be accepted only if the program has not been sold-out and payment must be presented at the time of registration.
- Criteria for receiving the Mass Senior Care member rate:
- staff who are directly employed by a Mass Senior Care member facility
- corporate level-staff of a Mass Senior Care member organization
- Mass Senior Care Associate Members
- Mass Senior Care Professional Members
- Consultants who are working for member facilities who are not a Mass Senior Care Associate or Professional member cannot be registered under a member facility and must pay the non-member rate.
2. Online Registration:
In order to register for any Mass Senior Care seminar or event online, each individual registrant must log in prior to selecting a seminar or event. To login, go to the home page at www.maseniorcare.org, enter your email address and password. If you need a new profile or are unsure if you already have a profile, please call our office at 617-558-0202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Cancellation Policy:
- Mass Senior Care must be notified in writing no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the seminar for a credit of equal amount to be issued to your Mass Senior Care account. No refunds will be given. “No Show” attendees will be billed at the full registration fee. Cancellations should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Full refunds will only be processed if the cancellation is due to your facility being in survey with the Department of Public Health and is limited to registrants from that facility. Notice of cancellation must be received as soon as possible.
- Substitutions - If a registered and paid participant is unable to attend a program, you may send a substitute from the same facility at no additional charge. If you know in advance who the replacement will be, please notify Mass Senior Care in writing so that we can make the necessary change ahead of time. Walk-in substitutions are also accepted.
- A confirmation email will be sent to each registrant upon registration if an email address is provided. No confirmations will be sent by postal mail.
- If the corporate office is processing your payment, please be sure to forward your registration form to MSCA to reserve your spot in the program.
- Mass Senior Care has been granted “Deemed Status” from the Board of Registration of
- Nursing Home Administrators for Administrators. Continuing education credits for nurses, social workers and activity professionals will be given as appropriate based on the content of the program.
- For Nursing Home Administrators – Mass Senior Care does not provide NAB approved credits as Massachusetts Board of Nursing Home Administrators does not require NAB approval. However, attendees can upload proof of attendance of programs provided by Mass Senior Care Association to the NAB website without an NAB approval number. (https://www.nabweb.org/)
- In order to receive the total number of CEU credits for a program, a participant must remain at the program until it is completed. Partial CEU’s will not be granted except for extenuating circumstances.
- CEU certificates will be sent to all paid attendees. Attendees with outstanding registration fees will not receive CEU certificates until payment is received.
- Requests for duplicate copies of CEU certificates will be charged a $10 processing fee per certificate.
6. Canceled Programs:
- Mass Senior Care reserves the right to cancel a program due to limited enrollment or for other extenuating circumstances. Under normal conditions, if a program is canceled, registrants will be notified in advance by telephone, email or fax as soon as possible.
- Registration fees will be refunded by the method of in which they were paid.
7. Enrollment Caps and Limits:
- Mass Senior Care reserves the right to limit the number of participants allowed for certain workshops. When enrollment is limited, registrations will be accepted based on a first come/first served basis.
- Mass Senior Care reserves the right to limit participation in workshop and events to Mass Senior Care members only.
8. Photography and Videos:
- Mass Senior Care may take photographs and videos during its events for use in promotional materials; by participating in Mass Senior Care seminars and other events, you grant Mass Senior Care the right to use your image for such purposes.
*Separate policies and procedures may apply to registration and payment for other Mass Senior Care events including the Annual Meeting, Spring Conference and Trade Show, Annual Convention, other large events and those offered in partnership with Mass Senior Care Associate Members.