Mass Senior Care is pleased to share positive stories which have been included in local and statewide coverage of dedicated caregivers and the incredible stories of recovery from patients. To read all recent positive media coverage, please click here.
We encourage members to share their positive posts or stories of recovery on social media with us by tagging @MASeniorCare or using hashtag #NursingHomeHeroes. Please visit Mass Senior Care’s Facebook and Twitter.
Recent Media Articles
- “Nursing home workers have always been the unsung heroes,” said Dr. Larissa Lucas, of North Shore Physicians Group, who serves as medical director for several facilities of Alliance Health and Human Services. “But Covid has really brought their dedication to the forefront." Read the full article in The Boston Globe.
- Chris Hannon, Chief Operating Officer of Pointe Group Care and Mass Senior Care Board Member, shares an op-ed on the heroic efforts of nursing facility caregivers and staff. "Heroes work in nursing homes, too, and it is time to recognize them." Read the full op-ed in The Commonwealth Magazine.
- “Baseline testing allows us to take a snapshot in time of the virus in our facilities,” says Tara Gregorio, President of the Massachusetts Senior Care Association. “However, baseline testing in and of itself is not enough. What we need is regular surveillance testing so that we can monitor [residents who] test negative and ensure that they continue to test negative.” Read the full article on WBUR.
- Congresswoman Lori Trahan recognizes the staff at Gardner Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in her Local Heroes Spotlight initiative for their commitment to keeping residents and staff safe from the spread of the coronavirus. Read the full article in The Gardner News.
- At 103, Jennie Stejna beat the coronavirus. After fully recovering at Life Care Center of Wilbraham, she enjoyed an ice-cold BudLight. “She always had that feisty fighting spirit,” her granddaughter said. “She didn’t give up.” Read the full article in Wicked Local and USA Today.